millionaire match

millionaire match
find your true mate

Friday, February 15, 2013

LILY MAIRI DESIGNS AND EVENTS REVIEW

How Lily Mairi Began

I have always loved making things, using my hands. I use many different mediums to express myself, canvas painting, clay sculpting, sewing, paper crafting. I just never thought it was a gift. That is, until I had my children.

I have 4 children. 3 girls and a boy. I started out making things for them as soon as my first child was born, Lily Mairi. For my girls I designed hair accessories, costumes and fabric toys. For my son, who loves to wear ties and felt caps or ascot caps, I started making bow ties and art out of his "found" things that he loves to collect.

After a few years I started blending my love of vintage and antique finds with the items I was making. The encouragement of friends and family to sell my items got the wheels turning. What did it for me was my children expressing how wonderful they thought my art was. So, I started doing art and craft shows. I now design not just for the children but for mom as well and everyone in between.

Teaching my children to value the things of the past we read literature together. One of our favorite stories is Through the Looking Glass-and What Alice Found There. Fantasy and whimsy have always influenced me. It shows in my work. Steam punk, Victorian color palettes and a hint of our Celtic roots flavor my pieces. I pour a little bit of my heart, soul and history into everything I craft.

You will notice there are more things in my shop besides hair accessories. For a change of pace I will go back to one of the other mediums I had used in times past. I also like to create specifically for my son. There isn't much out there for boys at art and craft shows. Wearing his felt cap, bow tie, button up shirt, cargo short and flip flops, my son builds the most fabulous art pieces. He once built me a chair out of some over sized wooden building blocks that I could actually sit in. His view of the world inspires me.

Though my shop is small and albeit, obscure, you can be assured you are getting a one of a kind, well made, loved art piece.
This gorgeous little girl headband is a yummy lime green and antique white with a touch of blue accent. I made the exquisite bouquet of flowers by hand, using satin ruffle ribbon, a beautiful cotton print fabric, and a soft micro fiber. A one of a kind piece featuring unique details including faux pearls and a fabric print that brings this lovely ensemble together. The comfortable, grosgrain ribbon wrapped headband fits 4 years and up. This flower headband will be the center piece of your little girl’s spring and summer wardrobe. She will love it so much she will want to wear it year round.
 
I just love this headband dont you. it so beautiful.
 
Adorable little bow tie for your sweet little man. This little tie is made from vintage cotton blend fabric and is adjustable with velcro and elastic. Perfect for a wedding party, ring bearer, Easter outfit, or just because. I made this little tie with counterparts, for a wedding party or for a sibling/family photo session.

Coordinating sibling accessories can be found here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/121996374/hair-accessory-girls-hair-bow-flower
and here:https://www.etsy.com/listing/121998850/bow-tie-style-hair-bow-tan-light-brown

Looking for another color?https://www.etsy.com/listing/123388436/vintage-red-boy-bowtie-boy-bow-tie

Fabric is prewashed. To maintain the integrity of the piece please hand wash, reshape and lay flat to dry. Press if needed.

Fits 3 to 7 years. Handmade in Georgia
This listing is for the bow tie only.

Actual color may slightly differ due to variations in computer monitor color settings.

For giveaways, updates and more please Like our Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/lilymairi
I love this tie for my son. its so adorable.
                                My review.
I was so amazed that i was able to review not only one beautiful item but 3 of them. The owner Jennifer is a really nice person. She asked me what color I was doing for my photos for the kids. i told her red and black. Then we recieved the most beautiful box in a few days. each items was wrapped so beautifully.  When I opened the items I was in awe at how beautifully they where. I loved how perfectly the bow and flower matched my daughters dresses. I couldnt believe how perfect the bow tie was for my son. My children looked so beautiful with there acessories from Lily Mairi Designs and Events. You should head over to to jennifer beautiful shop. She also does custom oreds as well. You can even find her on facebook as well. She even write a blog too with some awesome craft shows.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
disclaimer: i was given a sample product to try out. i wasnt compensated in any other way for this review. these are all my own opinions.
 

No comments: