Founded in 1997, the company provides best-of-breed security solutions that protect personal information and corporate assets from online and internal threats. Based in Broomfield, Colo., the company is privately held and backed by some of the industry's leading venture capital firms, including Technology Crossover Ventures, Accel Partners and Mayfield. Webroot currently has approximately 400 employees worldwide.
The complete online security choice of computer experts to protect your computers, mobile devices and files
- All-in-One Security – Goes beyond PC protection to defend your Mac, mobile devices, identity, system and personal files
- Groundbreaking Protection – Defeats viruses, spyware and online threats with no slowdowns
- Online File Backup – 25 GB of online protection to keep your files and photos safe and make them available on all your devices
- Fully Compatible with Windows 8 – Tested by AV-Test and certified compatible†
- Install on your Mac to block Mac trojans and other online threats.
- Enhanced antimalware engine makes Webroot's cloud-based detection even more effective at identifying new threats
- Warns you of malicious sites and search results before you click on them
- First-of-its-kind management website allows you check security for your PCs, Macs and mobile devices, no matter where you are
- Want an extra layer of online protection? No problem. Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete doesn't cause conflicts with other security programs, so you can add it to the protection you already have.
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Social network protection on Facebook and Twitter
- Quietly protects you without interrupting you or slowing you down
- Doesn't rely on old-fashioned threat signatures that need constant updates to detect threats
- Most scans take less than two minutes*
- Uses less computer memory than competitive security products*
- Encrypts your passwords and syncs across your devices so you can easily and safely login to your banking and shopping sites
- Unique Identity Shield "hardens" your browser to prevent cybercriminals from stealing your personal information while you are shopping or banking online
- Next generation firewall that uses the cloud to detect and block harmful network connections
- Antiphishing projection warns you of fake websites that trick you into entering your personal information
- Contains the mobile protection that PCWorld called "the fastest-rising wireless security star"
- Protects your iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices
- Automatically scans all apps and downloads for mobile threats
- Locates, locks or wipes data from your smartphone or tablet if lost or stolen
- Blocks harmful websites in your mobile browser
- 25GB of online storage available to protect your files, photos, music and more
- If you make a change to a file on one of your devices, the changes are automatically made to the file on your other devices
- System Analyzer and System Cleaner combine to diagnose and clean system slowdowns, maintain your privacy and find security holes
- Maintains your privacy by wiping away all traces of your online activity and removing unneeded files
- New, intelligent installer automatically optimizes settings to maximize protection for your specific computer
- Your PC protection is always updated and working quietly in the background
- An all new home dashboard clearly explains how you are protected
- Webroot's Customer Support can solve issues quickly. When you ask for help, a report with details of the problem and your system are sent automatically.
* After initial scan, deep system scans typically take two minutes or less
† PassMark™ Software. 14 performance metrics were conducted on 7 competing antivirus products from October to November 2012. The results were published in "Webroot SecureAnywhere Cloud vs. Five Competitor Security Suites".
Features and functions are not available on all operating systems and may vary depending on operating system.
** 3G/4G data connection required for some features.